June 1, 2020Local businesses are developing reopening plans and are excited to welcome back shoppers - read more
Gradual Return of City ServicesThe City is focusing on the essential services our residents rely upo - read more
May 22, 2020This week many businesses reopened to a new normal and at this time, our governments are - read more
May 21, 2020The City of Parksville is working to safely reopen facilities that were closed to avoid - read more
May 15, 2020Please stay safe this Victoria Day long weekend. Stay close to home; continue to keep yo - read more
May 14, 2020When Premier Horgan announced BC's Restart Plan last week, he emphasized, "thi - read more
May 11, 2020Parksville Fire Rescue wishes to remind residents of the Parksville Fire Protection Area - read more
May 7, 2020On May 6, Premier John Horgan's announced the BC Restart Plan, a strategy to slowly - read more
Staying Well in Uncertain TimesThis week, recognized by the Canadian Mental Health Association as Me - read more
May 1, 2020Our sincere thanks to the dedicated health care workers, first responders, front-line wor - read more
April 29, 2020We offer our heartfelt appreciation to the dedicated health care workers, first respon - read more
Less than two weeks ago, the Parksville Volunteer Fire Department offered to help residents celebrat - read more
April 23, 2020Dr Bonnie Henry's words continue to provide comfort, "All of us need to do our part an - read more
Message from Parksville MayorIt is heartwarming to see our residents coming together to help stop th - read more
Lets keep the effort going to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community. The message is the same, - read more
The Parksville Volunteer Fire Department would love to help you celebrate a milestone memory such as - read more
April 15, 2020The City of Parksville continues to ask residents to comply with provincial health ord - read more
MESSAGE FROM PARKSVILLE COUNCILIt is unlikely we will return to normal any time soon as we may be in - read more
April 2, 2020We all must be 100% committed to doing our part to flatten the COVID-19 curve and to do - read more
April 1, 2020As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold in our country, the City's focus is on pre - read more
March 30, 2020The City of Parksville is working to share information and operational updates as we c - read more
March 27, 2020 The emergency programs for the City of Parksville and Town of Qualicum Beach wor - read more
March 25, 2020This message is an update for Parksville residents about the COVID 19 pandemic. Counci - read more
March 23, 2020Further to our release on March 20 that advised the closure of all playgrounds in the - read more
March 20, 2020Effective immediately and until further notice, all playgrounds in the City of Parksvi - read more
March 19, 2020We wish to assure our residents the City of Parksville continues to respond to the gui - read more
We recognize there is a tremendous amount of information about COVID-19, including communications fr - read more
March 16, 2020The City is taking COVID-19 seriously and is making significant changes to protect the - read more
March 16, 2020At the request of Mayor Ed Mayne, the following information is being distributed on be - read more
March 12, 2020The City of Parksville is monitoring and responding to the evolving COVID-19 situation - read more
March 11, 2020On March 11, the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a global health pandemic - read more
February 27, 2020Recent stories from national and international news media indicate the Coronavirus, - read more
PVFD What's New
EMO Community Update - April 23
Posted: Apr 23, 2020
April 23, 2020
Dr Bonnie Henry's words continue to provide comfort, "All of us need to do our part and we need to continue to support each other. Be calm, be kind to each other and be safe."
Our communities will look different this summer, much quieter without our many festivals and events but please remember we are in this together and will get through it together. Our sincere thanks to Parksville-Qualicum Beach residents for doing your part - let's keep going to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
GENERAL UPDATES AND INFORMATION
TAKE-OUT THURSDAYS or any other day of the week!
Support our local restaurants and make Take-Out Thursdays a thing! Check out the restaurants in our region that are offering takeout and delivery options any day of the week.
COVID-19 Support Service for BC Businesses
To help BC businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, the federal and provincial governments have partnered with Small Business BC to provide online support service. The website provides info from industry and community partners, along with resources and tools to help businesses navigate challenges from COVID-19. https://covid.smallbusinessbc.ca/hc/en-us.
BC Hydro residential and business customers can apply online for COVID-19 Relief Fund at bchydro.com/covid19relief.
RDN Virtual Activities and Fitness Videos
The RDN recreation website has a new platform with ways the community can stay active and connected.
UPDATES FROM TOWN OF QUALICUM BEACH
Special Events - COVID-19 pandemic continues to wreak havoc on summer special events in Qualicum Beach; however, we are looking forward to making 2021 bigger and better than ever!
- 2020 Qualicum Beach Triathlon has been cancelled.
- Seaside Cruizers Father's Day Show and Shine will not take place in June; further details to be announced.
- Beach Day has been cancelled with a tentative date of July 25, 2021.
Property Taxes - due date for property taxes will remain July 2, 2020. Penalties have been adjusted as follows:
- No penalties will be applied to payments and/or homeowner grants received by October 1.
- Payments received between October 2 and December 1 will be subject to a 1% penalty and payments and grants received after December 1 subject to a further 9% penalty. A 10% total penalty is required by provincial legislation.
UPDATES FROM CITY OF PARKSVILLE
- In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic situation, 75th birthday celebrations planned for this summer will be celebrated in style on Saturday, June 19, 2021.
- City services continue and with offices closed to the public, please contact us by phone or email. Main phone 250 248-6144 and firstname.lastname@example.org. Department contact information is available on the City's website.
- Parksville Fire would love to help you celebrate a milestone memory such as an anniversary, wedding or birthday with a drive-by your home. Drive-bys on a first-come, first serve basis are for residents in the Parksville Fire Protection Area until May 31. Info and how to book at parksvillefirerescue.ca.
CMA Resources and Tools - Canadian Medical Association is working with the Public Health Agency of Canada, provincial and territorial medical associations and the Council of Chief Medical Officers of Health to share the most up-to-date and reliable resources with physicians and patients.
How do I practice physical (social) distancing?
Please stay at home as much as possible and follow local public health emergency requirements. When outside of the home practice physical (social) distancing from others, avoid any crowded places. Self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 and wash your hands frequently. If you develop two or more symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, runny rose or headache), immediately go home or stay home and isolate from others and follow the advice of Island Health.
- As much as possible, stay home. Even if you don't have COVID-19 symptoms, you could become infected by others.
- Stay at home, unless you have to go to work or obtain essential supplies.
- Avoid all non-essential trips in your community and do not gather in groups.
- Limit contact with people at higher risk (eg older adults and those in poor health).
- Go outside to exercise but stay close to home.
- If you leave your home for any reason, always keep a distance of at least 2 metres from others.
- Household contacts do not need to distance from each other unless sick or have travelled in the last 14 days.
- You can go for a walk if you have not been diagnosed with COVID-19, do not have symptoms and have not travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days.
Town of Qualicum Beach and the City of Parksville services continue to be available by phone, email and online, please refer to your municipality for contact information. Health-related information is available from:
Senior Support Program - 211
Medical COVID-19 information - 811
Non-medical COVID-19 information - 1 888 268-4319
Government of Canada Coronavirus info line - 1 833 784-4397
For information, contact:
Rob Daman Emergency Program Coordinator Town of Qualicum Beach email@example.com
Aaron Dawson Emergency Program Coordinator City of Parksville firstname.lastname@example.org
Deb Tardiff Manager of Communications City of Parksville email@example.com